6 Methods To Treat & Prevent Annoying Leg Cramps
God has given us bodies that work like well-oiled machines. In fact, a lot of the time we have no idea what is going on inside our bodies to keep us alive as our food gets digested, blood gets circulated and we make new memories. And while we clearly see the power of God working in our bodies, sometimes things don’t always work perfectly. When we get sick or are in pain it is a message to us that we are not taking care of these beautiful beings like we should. With God’s grace and a little care for ourselves, we can often heal what ails us and be happy and healthy again.
Leg cramps can be caused because of dehydration, muscle fatigue, pregnancy and diabetes among other things. Here are a few ways that you can care for yourself to feel better when you get leg cramps:
1. Wintergreen Oil: Methyl salicylate in wintergreen oil helps relieve pain and increase blood circulation. The oil is used best mixed with almond or olive oil or a nonscented lotion.
2. Vitamin E: This trace element is important for blood circulation and when taken naturally in foods like spinach and almonds or as a supplement it can help prevent leg cramps.
3. A glass of water: The quickest way to get rid of dehydration is to drink water. Drinking water when you feel a cramp coming on can help prevent it.
4. Heat: A hot compress helps relax the muscle and relieve pain.
5. Electrolytes: Dehydration could also lead to an imbalance in the electrolytes in our blood. Mixing an electrolyte powder into a glass of water and drinking it could help restore the balance.
6. Stretching: Stretching out the cramped muscle helps release the muscle and gets rid of the pain.
So, the next time you wake up in the middle of the night in pain from leg cramps try some of these tips to help you feel better.
Share this story with your friends so that they can try out these tips!